The Coronavirus pandemic has left many of us worried for ourselves, our families, our friends and our businesses. It is only by working together and supporting one another that we will get through these difficult times.
We hope to be able to continue serving the local pet-owning community to the best of our ability, but we need your help to minimise the risk of our team members contracting the virus. We ask for your cooperation and understanding in implementing the following preventative measures:
- Please refrain from coming to the practice if you are feeling unwell or have recently travelled. Please ask a neighbour or friend to bring your pet instead. If this isn’t possible then please call us to discuss your particular situation.
- We ask that only one person accompanies the pet when visiting the clinic.
- Let us know when you arrive, but you may prefer to wait outside or in your car until we are ready to see you.
- Make sure you wash your hands before and after your visit.
- Please pay by card if at all possible. Bank notes and coins can transmit the virus.
- Do not stockpile medication. We shall not dispense more than a month’s supply with immediate effect.
- Offer to take vulnerable people’s pets to the vet so they don’t have to.
While we are trying to operate as normally as possible, this is now likely to become increasingly difficult over the coming weeks. We may have to stop performing home visits in the near future, therefore we encourage our clients to make arrangements for their pet to be transported to a veterinary clinic or emergency service provider in the event of a serious illness or accident.
Please appreciate that we will all be under additional stress. We respectfully request that you cooperate with instructions from the reception team and help us limit the risk of coronavirus to staff members and visitors to Priory Lodge Vets.
Please refer to the latest guidance from the NHS and UK government at all times.