COVID Update - January 2021
Priory Lodge Vets will remain open to provide essential health and welfare services to your pets throughout the 3rd national Covid 19 lockdown. However, it is more important than ever that we continue to observe strict social distancing and biosecurity practices.
In light of the strong “stay at home” message from the government we must ensure that visits to the practice are essential and justified within the timeframe of the lockdown. With that in mind, we will only be able to offer vaccinations to pets at significant risk of disease. These include puppy and kitten primary vaccination courses and first annual vaccinations as well as those dogs whose booster vaccinations are approaching 3 months overdue and for those cats whose boosters are between 3 and 6 months overdue. Please telephone us for further advice and to book appointments.
Neutering procedures will be assessed according to individual domestic situations with respect to population control and socialisation needs.
Prescription medications, including flea and worming treatments will be available as usual – please use our website to order these whenever possible. Payment will be taken over the phone to facilitate contact free collection.
We will be prioritising urgent and emergency appointments at the practice and telephone consultations will be available in certain appropriate cases. We regret that certain routine and non-urgent appointments will need to be delayed at present. Our reception team have been trained to advise you which service you will need when you speak with them on the telephone.
Please note that Animal Health Certificates for travel will not be available from Priory Lodge Vets for the duration of the lockdown.
We would greatly appreciate your support in the following ways:
- Only attend the practice for pre-booked appointments or paid-for medication
- Wait in your car on arrival in the car park. Please leave the disable bay free for disabled badge holders.
- Bring your mobile phone and call from your car to let us know you are here
- Make sure reception has your phone number
- Please remember that we cannot phone you if you are on another call!
- A team member will telephone you when we are ready to see your pet
- It is essential that you wear a face covering when you hand your pet to us at the door
Thank you for your continued support and understanding and we wish you a Happy New Year.
**Please do not attend the practice if you or anyone in your family is self-isolating**
**due to symptoms of Covid-19 (symptoms include fever, cough and a loss of taste or smell)**