Who are we?
Any reference to ‘Priory Lodge Veterinary Group’, ‘we’,’ us’ and ‘our’ is to Priory Lodge Veterinary Services Limited, except where the service is provided by another company.
Priory Lodge Veterinary Services Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number is 5672263) with registered office at 31 Pembury Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 2JA.
We are registered on the Data Protection Public register – our registration number is Z5577764
Any reference to ‘website’ is a reference to a website owned and controlled by Priory Lodge Veterinary Services Ltd.
Our privacy commitment
- What information is being collected and how is it used?
- The data we collect is the personal details that you provide us when you register as a client which include your name, address, postcode, email address and telephone numbers.
- Other data from time to time to help us improve our services – for example when we ask you to fill in a survey or questionnaire.
- Data contained on till receipts
The data we collect is used to fulfil our regulatory obligations and to provide our clients with a high level of care for their pets (contractual obligations), by sending reminders for preventative treatments such as vaccinations. We may from time to time send you newsletters or non-marketing emails which includes for internal record keeping/GDPR compliance and for the purpose of inviting you to partake in surveys.
We use third party software (i-Recall) to send you automated email and text reminders for preventative treatments for your pets.
- How long do we keep the information we collect?
We are required by our regulatory authority to keep clinical records for a period of seven years.
- To whom will information be disclosed?
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties without your express permission other than:
- When registering a pet’s microchip
- When we arrange for a pet’s referral at a specialist centre
- Limited details on external laboratory requests for identification purposes only
- When we process insurance claims
- When we are complying with a legal order to disclose information
- When we have to take legal action to pursue unpaid accounts
When you move to a different veterinary practice, we will forward your details and your pet’s medical history only after obtaining your permission. These are sent via email which is not encrypted.
- How personal information is stored and protected
Your details are stored on servers based in the European Economic Area (EEA) with password restricted access to data.
Consent forms and hospital records are batched by month and kept in a locked building.
Till receipts are only kept until accounts have been reconciled (normally less than 5 working days) before being shredded.
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a website. Cookies are widely used by websites to help remember small amounts of information and give you a better browsing experience. Most cookies won’t collect information that identifies you and will instead collect more general information to help us analyse how well our website is performing so we can try and improve it.
You can disable cookies in your browser, but this may stop parts of our website functioning properly.
- Linking to external sites
- Contact us
Please contact us if any of the information we hold about you becomes inaccurate or if you have any queries or concerns about the data we are holding about you.
If you require a copy of the data we hold about you, you should put your request in writing and include a SAE to The Manager, Priory Lodge Veterinary Services Ltd, 31 Pembury Road, Tonbridge, TN9 2JA. On confirming your identity (a photocard ID such as a passport or driving license) we shall provide you with the information within 30 days. The ICO’s website provides further guidance on how to deal with information disclosure requests.
- Your consent
By registering with us and using our website, you consent that we use your personal information as set out in this policy.