- Fees: All fees, diets and drug charges are subject to VAT at the current rate. Fee levels are determined by the time spent on a case and the cost of the drugs, materials, consumables and diets used. We shall provide clients with prescriptions if preferred; a reasonable charge will be made for this service. You will receive a detailed fee note for every consultation, surgical procedure or other transaction with us.
- Written prescriptions are available from this practice. You may obtain Prescription Only Medicines Catergory V (POM-Vs) from your veterinary surgeon OR ask for a written prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon or a pharmacy. Your veterinary surgeon may only prescribe POM-Vs for animals under their care. The policy of this practice is to re-assess an animal requiring a repeat prescription every 3 to 6 months. This interval may be shorter in certain conditions due to datasheet recommendations and is at the veterinary surgeon's discretion. The standard charge for re-examination is £30 and lab fees are in addition to this. A written prescription may not be appropriate if your pet is an in-patient or when immediate treatment is necessary. You will be informed, on request, of the price of any medication that may be prescribed for your pet. Please note that we aim to process requests for written prescriptions within two working days.
- Methods of Payment: Payment may be by cash or credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Solo, Switch or Delta) and can be made by telephone if required. All fees are due for settlement at the end of a consultation; discharge of your pet or upon collection of drugs/diets. Please note that we DO NOT offer credit.
- Settlement Terms: After due notice to the client, unpaid accounts will incur further charges in respect of costs incurred in collecting the debt such as production of reports, correspondence, court fees, residence checks, etc. Any cheque returned by our bank as unpaid, any credit card payment not honoured and any cash tendered that is found to be counterfeit will result in the account being restored to the original sum with further charges added in respect of bank charges and administrative costs.
- Estimates of Treatment Costs: We will be pleased to provide a written estimate of the probable treatment costs on request. Many estimates can only be approximate due to the variability of an animal's response to treatment.
- Pet Health Insurance: Priory Lodge Veterinary Group strongly supports the principle of insuring your pet against unexpected illness or accident. The client retains the responsibility for settling our fees, which are then reclaimed from the insurance company. We will normally be required to complete an insurance claim form for this purpose. We charge a fee for this service.
- Complaints & Standards: We hope that you never have reason to complain about the standards of service received from Priory Lodge Veterinary Group. However, if you feel that there is something you wish to complain about, please direct your comments in the first instance to the Practice Manager or, if you prefer, in writing to a partner.
- Ownership of Radiographs and Case Records: The care given to your animal may involve making specific investigations, for example taking radiographs or performing ultrasound scans. The fees charged are for the interpretation of these and ownership of the resulting records remains with the Practice. Similarly case records are the property of, and will be retained by, the Practice. Case histories and copies of other records will be passed to other veterinary surgeons and referral centres with your permission. We are registered with the Data Protection Agency no. Z5577764
No addition to or variation of these conditions will bind the Practice unless it is specifically agreed in writing and signed by one of the practice partners. No agent or person employed by or under contract to the practice has authority to alter these conditions in any way.